Amazing facts about My Bloody Valentine:
- Since its release in 1991, Loveless has been played on a continuous loop through underwater speakers, inspiring certain erotic feelings in cetaceans, and is single-handedly responsible for the resurgence of the Humpback Whale population.
- Before being mastered, the original tracks were beamed into space, bounced off the rings of Saturn, and then filtered through a device that mimics the sound of dragonflies on absinthe.
- Loveless sounds the same in every known alternate universe.
- Early copies of the album came with packets of Dramamine to counteract wooziness.
- Not that I would know, but under certain influences you can actually listen to the album just by looking at the cover.
- The band was named after an unsuccessful Bing Crosby Christmas special.
- At least one track was created by dropping magnetic recording tape through the Aurora Borealis.
- Vinyl copies of Loveless actually contain minute trace amounts of love, Pixie Stix, and Kevin Shields’ pocket lint.